Job ref: 1608
TPR grade: 9 - Lead Associate
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
The successful applicant will provide current and effective employment relations (ER) advice to HR colleagues and managers and act a subject matter expert on any ER policies and issues.
Lead on support with the Trade Union and Employee Forum, ensuring partnership working to consult effectively across the organisation.
- Provide current and effective employment relations (ER) advice to HR colleagues and managers.
- Manage the business of the PCS trade union and the Employee Forum to deliver effective organisational ER.
- Monitor and report on formal case work, patterns, trends, themes and to plan for peaks and troughs, working across HR colleagues to develop and deliver support and training accordingly.
- Manage the effective development and review of HR policies and guidance.
- Develop managers to be confident in undertaking early stages of formal procedures, ensuring supporting documentation is up to date and accessible.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Extensive experience of working in large organisation to provide ER advice and support on a variety of formal procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of employee relations processes and issues.
- Detailed and current knowledge of Employment law and best practice.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a unionised environment.
- Extensive experience of policy development and review.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary from £33,057, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.