Job ref: 1642
TPR grade: 9 - Lead Associate
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for three intelligence analysts to join the Intelligence team and provide timely and high quality intelligence products and services across TPR and for our external partners.
Working within a fast-paced and stimulating environment, you will collate, develop, analyse and report on intelligence and information in support of operational and strategic activity. You will have a keen analytical mind and eye for detail as well as a proactive, can-do attitude. You will also have experience of working within an intelligence, regulatory, law enforcement or similar environment.
- Provide high quality intelligence support to regulatory activity, including through intelligence research and analysis, risk assessment, and the development of recommendations.
- Lead on the production of intelligence assessments and reports that describe and assess risks and issues across the pensions landscape.
- Support the analysis and exploitation of often complex and sensitive data-sets.
- Lead and support continuous improvement activities that enhance the capability and working practices of the Intelligence team.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to develop intelligence sharing opportunities and enhance collaborative working.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Experience of delivering analytical products and services gained within an intelligence, regulatory, law enforcement or similar environment.
- Skilled in manipulating, analysing and presenting complex data.
- Skilled in communicating complex and sensitive information in a clear and compelling way.
- Experience of handling sensitive information in line with legal and procedural requirements.
- Experience of developing effective collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to negotiate and influence.
- Experience of working in pensions and an understanding of relevant pensions legislation.
- Experience of working with the National Intelligence Model and / or managing operational risk in law enforcement and / or enterprise risk management.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £33,057, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.