TPR Grade: 9 - Lead Associate
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for two Disclosure Officers to support the Enforcement team through the provision of a comprehensive and effective disclosure service in relation to criminal and civil enforcement cases.
- review and assess all material retained within an investigation to ascertain relevancy, evidential value, sensitivity and ability to undermine the case or assist the defence
- identify deficiencies and problems with continuity or other evidence-related matters
- conduct ongoing reviews of material as the cases develop and/or on receipt of a defence statement
- create exhibit and witness lists
- build case files and ensure they are presented in the required format and submitted within statutory time limits
- prepare reports and presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- attend sites to record exhibits seized, ensuring continuity of evidence and maintaining access control
- respond appropriately to any relevant court authority and take appropriate action to address any issues that arise as a result of court hearings
- prioritise disclosure work load effectively to meet procedural / statutory timescales
Essential and desirable criteria
- Demonstrable evidence of working within the Criminal Procedure and Investigation Act 1996 and/or experience of Civil Procedure disclosure.
- Experience of raising disclosure issues during ongoing and complete investigations.
- Experience of drafting confidential correspondence with a high level of sensitivity and accuracy.
- Experience of auditing processes and risk identification.
- Experience in using document and case management systems (desirable).
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Calm under pressure.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £32,001, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance-related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the BME and LGBT communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.