Job ref: 1605
TPR grade: 9 - Lead associate
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for one permanent Performance and Data Analyst and one 18-month fixed-term Performance and Data Analyst to:
- produce data extracts, analysis, non-financial modelling and reporting on the internal and external performance of automatic enrolment (AE) to support its development and operational areas
- support the effective implementation and operation of AE through quality control, analysis and proactive development of all numerical information on AE and internal service performance management
- identify and report on trends, and undertake modelling against the AE business case, assumptions and forecasts
- support the development, interpretation and use of control frameworks, key performance indicators, operational service levels and critical success factors which describe what the success of AE looks like
- develop MI reports and the publication of information as official statistics extracted from a wide range of large data sets
- be responsible for the ongoing review and development of AE volumetric assumptions and support the cross-departmental AE programme on the development and maintenance of programme-wide assumptions
- handle ad-hoc data-related queries and provide data extracts or summary analysis in response to internal or external stakeholders
- carry out peer review of code and provide subject matter expertise on data held across AE
Essential and desirable criteria
- Ability to query and match large data sets through SQL.
- Experience of data quality reporting, data profiling and analysis.
- Experience of General Data Protection Regulation and freedom of information principles.
- Some knowledge of the UK pension system and the pension reform agenda.
- Knowledge of SAS or R.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £33,057, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.