Job ref: 1606
TPR grade: 9 - Lead Associate
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We are recruiting for a Programme Management Office (PMO) Analyst to provide support to a Project Manager/Scrum Master delivering change within the TPR portfolio.
The PMO Analyst will assist the Project Manager with implementing best practice, governance standards, templates and assist with the planning and management of key projects, or post-project improvements. This work is within the context of an overall change portfolio and so work will be directed by both the relevant Project Manager/Scrum Master and the portfolio PMO function.
- pro-actively support the Project Manager/Scrum Master by assisting with planning events, maintaining overarching project roadmaps, sprint plans and also Kanban boards
- maintain resource plans, assisting the Project Manager/Scrum Master with securing agreement from resource managers
- help facilitate and record the outcomes from key meetings and agile ceremonies
- help maintain key project assets as directed, these may include: RAAIDD log; project roadmap; sprint plan, sprint backlog and Kanban; resource plan; project reports including project board material; project communications; other key project assets on request
- support systems for the notification and communication of projects so that information about projects can be made available across TPR to the different stakeholder groups
- maintain PMO project management information to facilitate implementation of TPR’s Change Management Framework
- assist with tracking project benefits and maintaining a record of project costs through established project accounting processes
Essential and desirable criteria
- Experience of PMO support within a significant programme, project or portfolio of continuous improvement activity.
- Knowledge and experience of budget forecasting and reporting.
- Experience of recording outcomes from key project ceremonies and events.
- Knowledge and experience of using project planning techniques and tools (MS Project desirable).
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining and updating RAAIID logs.
- Familiarity with agile methodology and Scrum/Prince 2 agile specifically.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Can do approach.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £33,057, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance-related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.