TPR grade: 9 - Lead Associate
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We are looking for a Senior Test Analyst to join the test team to oversee projects from a testing perspective and to provide guidance and support to Test Analysts on the project(s) which you are leading. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day testing activities as well as being hands on and creating and executing test scripts, and preparing test data for test scenarios.
- Ensure that thorough testing has been undertaken at all stages of the testing phase (static test execution) and that no foreseeable defects or regression defects make their way into the production environment.
- Communicate test progress, test results, MI, and any identified risks to the Project Team and Test Manager.
- Provide realistic and pragmatic test estimates and scheduling information to the Project Team or Test Manager as appropriate.
- Monitor, and control testing activities on projects you are assigned to, and co-ordinate the test team activities on projects.
- Create tests, execute tests / packages and ensure tests results are accurately recorded.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Strong knowledge and understanding of testing techniques, standards, methodologies and best practice gained in a software development or testing environment.
- Skilled in communication to liaise with business analysts and developers to raise issues and concerns regarding the software. Ability to communicate test progress, test results and any identified risks.
- Strong test lead skills.
- Proven ability to provide technical advice, leadership, and direction to more junior test analysts.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the end to end software testing process gained through practical experience.
- ISTQB / ISEB qualified to Intermediate Level.
- A strong understanding of the principles of automation testing and automation techniques.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Leadership skills.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £32,001, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.