TPR grade: 9 - Lead Associate
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We are looking for a Senior Test Automation Engineer to oversee and lead TPR’s Automation offering by creating and maintaining a test automation framework supporting increasing levels of test automation. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all automated tests are run at the required intervals, and that any defects found are raised in accordance with TPR’s defect process. In addition to creating and executing test scripts, the job holder will be required to prepare test data for test scenarios.
- Improve, embed and maintain TPR’s Test Automation Framework.
- Co-ordinate the test team automated activities on projects, as well as mentoring and training the rest of the test team in automation where appropriate.
- Liaise with the Test Manager and/or Project Manager to manage expectations on automation benefits and deliverables.
- Provide automated test estimates for projects.
- Produce and communicate automated testing progress, test results, MI, and identify risks to the Test Manager and Project Manager.
- Create, execute, maintain and peer review automated test scripts.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Strong knowledge and understanding of automated testing techniques, standards, methodologies and best practice gained in a software development or testing environment.
- Experience of automation testing in enterprise environments, including the ability to create automation testing frameworks from the ground up.
- Strong working knowledge of test automation tools – eg Selenium, C#, Java, Cucumber, Specflow.
- Ability to solve technical problems and implement innovative solutions.
- ISTQB / ISEB qualified to Intermediate Level.
- Strong in risk and issue management to enable testing to progress.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Calm under pressure.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £36,730, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.