TPR grade: 7 - Lead Specialist
TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for an experienced case manager to be responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of enforcement cases and regulatory outcomes across the range of enforcement options including civil, criminal and regulatory pathways.
- Manage a portfolio of cases within required key performance indicators (KPIs), appropriately owning or delegating cases and activities to ensure the most efficient and effective use of resources.
- Establish and deliver regulatory strategies for enforcement cases and make decisions on case strategies and emerging issues.
- Negotiate required outcomes of cases with the relevant parties, internally and externally.
- Deliver regulatory case work in line with KPIs and the schedule of delegations and in accordance with the decision-making framework.
- Develop and implement case strategies.
- Have line management responsibility for members of the team, supporting the development and case management of specialists.
- Support principals in their role on individual cases and required areas, both internally and externally.
- Be able to carry out prudent financial management of investigation costs.
- Quality-assure the work of the team.
Essential and desirable criteria
- In-depth experience of leading, decision-making and delivering regulatory outcomes on a range of complex regulatory, civil and/or criminal cases.
- In-depth experience of analysing complex financial information and identification of risks.
- In-depth experience of using a broad range of tools to achieve a positive regulatory outcome in complex or high-profile cases, including consideration of and use of settlement and powers.
- Experience of communicating at all levels, including drafting enforcement notices, escalations and presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Negotiation skills with demonstrable experience of negotiation and influencing at a senior level in a commercial, legal or regulatory environment.
- In-depth experience and working knowledge of legal requirements relating to enforcement outcomes.
- Experience of mentoring and supporting the development of team members.
- Experience of using risk mitigation strategies and techniques.
- Awareness of relevant aspects of investigation techniques and legal requirements.
- Advocacy experience and skills.
- Financial and commercial awareness.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Negotiating skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £43,532, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.