Job ref: 1649
TPR grade: 7 - Lead Specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
This role is required to develop, automate, standardize and streamline technical build and release processes in use across a wide application and infrastructure estate.
The successful applicant will maintain, guide and develop continuous integration (CI) practices in the organisation by creating pipelines, automating build and release processes in Azure DevOps and working to standardise those processes across our application suite. They will support migration of IT infrastructure into Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS cloud computing models and aid in the technical design and delivery of new systems with regard to continuous integration, automated testing and delivery.
- Lead the design and delivery of CI solutions, by choosing appropriate tools and design patterns to use within the technical framework defined by the architecture team.
- Investigate, diagnose and fix problems in existing systems using creative thought processes.
- Design a solution to fit a business requirement, whilst using the TPR technology framework.
- Solve complex CI problems using original thought to create solutions that are efficient, maintainable and meet the coding and process standards agreed by the team.
- Review others’ code and identify problems and risks and feed these back effectively.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Extensive experience of using continuous integration tooling, eg Azure DevOps, TFS, TeamCity, Ansible, Jenkins to create build and release processes for different types of applications in a predominantly .NET ecosystem.
- Experience and understanding of using Agile methodologies to plan, develop, test and deliver software. Ability to mentor others in its use. Knowledge and understanding of ITIL processes.
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code principles and practices, eg use of ARM templates and web deploy packages.
- Good knowledge of automated testing tooling such as Selenium, particularly in their use in continuous integration.
- Knowledge of:
- PowerShell, C#, .Net framework and SQL
- Microsoft Azure technologies including experience designing continuous delivery for Azure App Services
- orchestration systems and containerisation, eg Kubernetes, Docker
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Calm under pressure.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £44,969, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.