TPR grade: 7 -Lead Specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
As the HR Service Manager you will take ownership for the day to day management of the HR Operations team, ensuring the delivery of a professional, high quality HR transactional and first line advisory service. This will cover the entire employee life cycle, including pay and reward, recruitment and HR governance.
- lead a team of administrators and specialists to provide expert advice and outstanding service
- foster a culture of continuous improvement and an ethos of customer service, monitoring and improving performance in the context of our people strategy and agreed key performance indicators
- work in collaboration with HR colleagues to manage the operational delivery of HR policies, processes and guidance, delivering an HR front line service, in line with employment law
- ensure HR service level agreements (SLAs) and team targets are met, whilst monitoring budget spend, providing value for money and ensuring well governed HR contracts are in place
- ensure services are delivered to meet business requirements, against agreed contractual agreements and spending controls
- be accountable for the maintenance and delivery of HR business continuity plan
- ensure full accuracy of information produced by the HR operations team including employee lifecycle documentation and employment law compliance
Essential and desirable criteria
- Proven HR operational and employment law experience in a similar autonomous role working across the full employee lifecycle, with a strong knowledge of payroll, recruitment and generalist practices.
- Significant experience of delivering a broad range and high volume of HR services.
- Demonstrable management and interpersonal skills and experience, including developing direct reports and managing distribution of work, to ensure appropriate services are delivered within an SLA environment.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills (verbal and written) with a sharp eye for detail and accuracy within a high-volume environment.
- Experience of working in close collaboration and form strong relationships with managers and stakeholders, able to build rapport and assimilate information quickly at all levels.
- CIPD qualification (5 or above) or equivalent and relevant HR operational experience.
- Experience of managing recruitment contracts and frameworks.
- Experienced and trained in Hay Job evaluation process.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
- Excellent customer service.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £44,969, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.