TPR Grade: 7 - Specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Senior .Net Developer to deliver and maintain tactical and strategic IT systems to support the business:
- lead design, estimation, implementation, planning and testing of new application systems, as defined by the project portfolio
- provide support for production systems by triaging, investigating and fixing defects
- drive the high standard of software delivered, through code reviews, knowledge sharing, mentoring and process improvement
- mentor and provide technical expertise to the team
- Lead the design and delivery of coding solutions, by choosing appropriate algorithms and design patterns to use within the technical framework defined by the architecture team.
- Analyse and solve complex coding solutions using original thought to create code that is efficient, maintainable and meets the coding-standards agreed by the team, whilst using the TPR technology framework.
- Engage with business users to gather information regarding systems defects and requirements for change.
- Mentor and guide fellow developers in technical skills and the application of design patterns and development methodologies. Handle technical and complicated queries escalated by the .Net team.
- Review others’ code and identify problems and risks and feed these back effectively.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Knowledge of full software lifecycle development gained through broad practical experience of building business software solutions, including web portals and APIs.
- Experience of investigating and diagnosing technical problems in complex business systems.
- Deep knowledge and proven experience in the use of Agile methodologies to plan, develop, test and deliver software. Ability to mentor others in its use.
- Knowledge of using Object Orientated Design, Design Patterns and SOLID principles, gained through extensive experience.
- Strong understanding of testing principles and techniques (TDD, Automated Testing).
- An understanding of other specific technologies including (Umbraco, Sitecore, Angular).
- Proactive and flexible.
- Can do approach.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £52,359, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.