Job ref: 1622
TPR grade: 7 - Lead Specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for someone to manage the relationship between the IT and the wider business, ensuring that the IT service is delivered to the required standards. The successful applicant will provide advice and guidance and be a key point of escalation for service issues, performing regular IT service reviews with each directorate.
They will also be required to manage internal and external suppliers, ensuring successful service delivery, as well as providing day to day management of Incident, Problem and Service Request Processes.
- Be an ambassador for IT within TPR, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between directorates.
- Understand and identify business challenges and develop strategies and solutions to deliver added value to the business.
- Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed.
- Be accountable for the quality of service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems.
- Take ownership of major incidents to ensuring co-ordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review.
- Manage root cause analysis reviews, ensuring improvement plans are documented and managed through to completion.
- Be responsible for owning progress of IT risk, audit actions and issues related to area of responsibility.
- Previous experience as a Service Delivery Manager in an IT department with experience of managing business relationships and ITIL processes.
- ITIL qualified in OSA (at a minimum) and demonstrable success in applying ITIL disciplines.
- Understanding of technical principals.
- Evidence of broader IT knowledge to be able to work closely with technical areas.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Calm under pressure.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent customer service.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £44,969, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.