Job ref: 1563
TPR grade: 7 - Lead Specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Strategic Delivery Lead who is a key part of a small team delivering a strategic review following the appointment of the new CEO and embedding the outputs into the operation of TPR. The successful applicant will support the design, implementation and embedding of TPR’s new Strategic Framework across the organisation. You will track the output, work with the Board and ExCo to articulate TPR’s strategy by posing key strategic questions on the ambition and vision for TPR's role in the occupational pensions market.
- Work collaboratively with the other areas of the organisation to coordinate the production of strategic products and facilitate Board and senior management decision-making.
- Report to the Head of Strategy, but also apply guidance and steer from the Executive Director of Strategy and Risk.
- Undertake team management work at Board and Exco strategy days, and have to be comfortable working with ambiguity and autonomously.
- Regularly interact with Executive Committee (ExCo)and Heads of Departments and be responsible for delivering large pieces of work at Board and ExCo strategy days, and comfortable working with ambiguity and autonomously.
- Lead stakeholder sessions up to ExCo level, designing content and deliver output through the organisation and local partners.
- Find solutions to key strategic challenges in collaboration with the Executive Director of Strategy following broad guide rails.
- Degree or relevant previous experience in working within a strategy function.
- Deep understanding of the UK pensions industry, financial markets and TPR’s regulatory regime (including its partner organisations).
- Awareness of the economic, demographic and political environment and its implications on the pensions industry.
- Good knowledge of Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution and Automatic Enrolments risks, principles and operations, and of mapping customer journeys or user experiences.
- Comfortable engaging, facilitating and influencing at all levels including senior executive level stakeholders, including delivering persuasive presentations or briefings.
- Comfortable investigating and interacting with other areas of an organisation, as well external stakeholders, to develop strategic products and make strategic recommendations to senior management.
- Analytical mind set with excellent critical thinking skills and an ability to synthesise lots of information from a range of sources.
- Ability to conduct hypothesis-led insight and apply original thought and judgement to problems.
- Comfortable working creatively at a conceptual level in a highly emergent environment with the ability to flex and apply skill sets to support developing and delivering new strategic initiatives and activities.
- Calm under pressure.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Leadership skills.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £44,969, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org