TPR Grade: 7 - Lead Specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand new function at TPR. We’re looking for a proactive and personable Lead Supervisors to ensure the timely, efficient and effective regulation of occupational pensions.
We require excellent negotiation and analytical skills to develop strategies to apply using the relevant legislation, regulation and business rules. You will be expected to work closely with regulated entities and to achieve demonstrable improvements in regulatory behaviour and reduction in identified risks in the regulated entities in question.
- Achieve improved regulatory outcomes using approaches appropriate to your area of engagement.
- Engage with subject matter experts, professional advisers and lead specialists as necessary to ensure appropriate responses to events and record this in initial assessment, strategy or action plans.
- Build strong relationships with key business areas internally and externally, and represent TPR in forums, events and meetings.
- Carry out joint assessments with the Enforcement team should this be required.
- Influence and negotiate with trustees and other stakeholders at a senior level to ensure they take appropriate actions to address identified risks.
- Develop and implement policy, continuous improvement, projects, guidance and training materials.
- Deputise for Principals as necessary.
- Proven track record of leading complex, contentious and high-pressured cases (or equivalent).
- Experience of working in a financial / banking / regulatory / legal / defined benefit pensions environment.
- Knowledge of the commercial landscape and of the pension market and knowledge of the underlying financial arrangements common in the market.
- Evidence of communicating and reporting findings to senior stakeholders clearly and giving clear and robust recommendations for further action.
- Experience of pensions regulation and the pensions industry gained externally or within TPR to such a level as to be able quickly assess information and risk, be a subject matter expert for others, confidently and assuredly deal with trustee’s and other stakeholders at Board level.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Negotiating skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £43,532, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.