Job ref: 1676
TPR grade: 11 - Officer
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Campaigns Adviser to help us get the right message, to the right people, at the right time. You’ll be responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating behaviour change campaigns which help make sure pensions are protected.
The role is varied. From TV advertising campaigns which stop scammers in their tracks, to low and no-cost campaigns which improve how pension schemes are run – no two days at TPR are the same.
Working for a public body also means you’ll become part of the Government Communications Service (GCS) - opening the door to world-leading communications training, guidance and more.
- Plan effective multi-channel OASIS campaigns - both low and no cost - that protect workplace pensions.
- Proactively seek out learnings from behavioural insights and industry best-practice to advise on the application of direct marketing, advertising and digital channels.
- Brief creative and media agencies and internal colleagues so that we get products which can positively change behaviour.
- Project manage the delivery of the agreed communications products to meet agreed deadlines and sign off processes, responsible for maintaining working plans, and managing key stakeholders.
- Use our email service provider Dynamics 365 to write, build and deliver large-scale email marketing campaigns.
- Ensure that appropriate approvals are obtained for each stage of campaign development / delivery.
- Work across the organisation to develop a pipeline of future work.
- Evaluate campaigns using the GCS evaluation framework to produce meaningful takeaways for future campaigns.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Proven experience of measuring, targeting and evaluating campaigns.
- An understanding of the range of channels available to support behaviour change campaigns.
- Experience in using one or more communications channel - email marketing, social media, comms partnerships, advertising or public relations (PR).
- Experience of using insight to tailor communications messages or campaigns.
- Experience in a multi-channel campaign role.
- Marketing qualification or degree.
- Experience of business to business (B2B) and financial sector.
- Design and / or copywriting experience.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strategic thinker, flexible and able to deliver.
- Self-starter with a solutions-led proactive, can do attitude.
- Ability to prioritise, use initiative and work independently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £26,218, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- membership of the Government Communications Service
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.