TPR grade: 11 - Officer
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Debt Adviser to deal with all aspects of Debt Recovery for outstanding debt for TPR.
- Preparing both the manual and bulk upload court applications for unpaid debt or equivalent process for Northern Ireland and Scotland.
- Responsible for the collection of any internal debt cases.
- Responsible for reconciliation of payments received and processing refunds.
- Responsible for working on any queries and the resolution of those queries for debtors.
- Liaise with the county courts on queries whether with paperwork submitted or preparing details for internal or external lawyers on cases.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Previous experience in a similar debt recovery role.
- Numeracy – the ability to deal with numerical complexity whilst maintaining accuracy through checks and controls.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Well disciplined individual who is organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Payment methods experience and understanding of the court applications process.
- Can do approach.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
- Excellent customer service.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £25,380, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.