Job ref: 1601
TPR grade: 6 - Principal
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
The successful applicant will be accountable for leading the Delivery Team responsible for the successful delivery of TPR’s portfolio of projects and programmes ensuring the smooth transition from projects / programmes to operational delivery.
- Lead delivery of the organisation’s change projects and programmes successfully, whilst implementing new capabilities, changes to operating models and associated cultural changes.
- Lead business change management in TPR with particular responsibility for ensuring change readiness, transition through go live to embedding change in operational teams.
- Lead the systems, processes and people to ensure TPR realises its targets for return on investment through clear benefits realisation planning, monitoring and intervention.
- Lead and oversee all aspects of testing within TPR to ensure quality standards are met, risks to our operations are minimised and user acceptance is achieved.
- Oversee internal / external stakeholder relationships to ensure deliverables are met.
- Lead and drive business engagement to manage overall impact of delivery on TPR’s wider operations, support the needs of the portfolio and ensure delivery is business-led and change / technology-enabled.
- Drive continuous improvement, using project and programme methodologies flexibly to optimise business-led change.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Evidence of delivering multi-million pound (£) programmes and projects in a regulated environment gained through extensive practical experience.
- Experience of managing large teams or project and programme professionals to support delivery of a wide-ranging portfolio using a range of project methodologies.
- Experience of leading programme teams to deliver transformational change, comprising technology, software (including COTS), business operating model and cultural change.
- Accredited in an industry recognised project and programme management methodology (PRINCE2, MSP, Scaled Agile, ACM, PCM or equivalent) or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of testing techniques, standards, methodologies and best practice.
- Evidence of managing multiple third party delivery partners to agreed contract, budget and deliverables.
- Experience in design and implementation of Programme and Project Management Offices.
- Experience of working in a regulatory environment.
- Negotiating skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent customer service.
- Leadership skills.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £52,465, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.