Job ref: 1602
TPR grade: 6 - Principal
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
The successful applicant will take full responsibility for the business design function. Build, lead, develop and motivate a high performing team that delivers high calibre business analysis services to TPR.
Provide analysis leadership during all phases of the change lifecycle responsible for a team delivering discovery phases, business cases, business architecture, business process change; detailed requirement and data analysis; and high-quality analysis and design products - for large scale, complex business and technology change programmes.
- Lead the delivery of business and technical analysis in support of programmes / projects, tactical change and business as usual development of business process design.
- Lead the assessment of pipeline project proposals and deliver discovery / feasibility to produce business cases for approval, high level design and set up plan and proposed models for mobilisation and implementation.
- Lead business design with responsibility for TPR-wide business architecture and ensuring the successful operation of the Design Authority.
- Set up and lead the provision of regulatory and operational support, providing design services to front line teams looking to improve existing operations, initiate new regulatory initiatives or assess new policy or legislative change.
- Deliver the analysis to support the prioritisation of business change, assessing competing priorities, deliverability and impact in the context of the broader aims and objectives for TPR.
- Act as the 'voice of the business' within Change to deliver timely and highly professional advice and support, which will in turn inform innovation and our ongoing continuous product / service improvement programme.
- Contribute to regular review of the release roadmap, ensuring an appropriate focus on enabling delivery of benefits and identifying innovative options for overcoming constraints.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Experience of leading design teams responsible for delivering a portfolio ranging across complex business design to fundamental IT transformation.
- Experience of operating a design authority and maintaining organisation-wide business architecture.
- BCS Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis qualification (or equivalent).
- Experience of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks including TOGAF or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge and experience leading on business analysis deliverables (eg business cases, requirements elicitation, requirement analysis, options analysis, gap analysis, operating models, and process design), evidenced though experience on large, complex, multi-million pound (£) projects / programmes.
- Knowledge of pensions, the pensions industry, and TPR’s regulatory remit and objectives.
- Negotiating skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent customer service.
- Leadership skills.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £52,465, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.