Job ref: 1603
TPR grade: 6 - Principal
TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
The successful applicant will take full responsibility for overseeing the delivery of the portfolio of programmes and projects to ensure that the portfolio delivers the organisation’s strategic and operational needs.
- Identify and manage complex interdependencies between projects and programmes, competing demands on resources and sequencing of delivery.
- Quality assure the programmes and projects being delivered within the portfolio.
- Provide strategic challenge overview and scrutiny for new and evolving projects and programmes, ensuring alignment with wider policy and strategic initiatives.
- Provide a gateway for pipeline and in-flight projects to challenge alignment, feasibility, priority and value for money and advising portfolio oversight board (POB) on key decisions.
- Provide accurate and timely management information for strategic decision making by Executive and Board members and have credibility within the organisation to be able to influence others.
- Matrix manage resources across the Change team to initiate the identification and prioritisation of business change and its impact on the portfolio.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Extensive experience of strategic planning of a portfolio based on priorities, benefit, change capability, resource availability and budget capacity.
- Evidence of delivering multi-million pound (£) programmes and projects in a regulated environment gained through extensive practical experience.
- Experience of identifing, assessing and managing portfolio level risk.
- Formal professional qualifications such as MoP, MSP, SAFe, PRINCE2 / PMP and Change Management.
- Third level qualification.
- Negotiating skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent customer service.
- Leadership skills.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £52,465, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.