TPR Grade: 6 - Principal
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a subject matter expert working in pension regulation to lead or support others in the interaction with and supervision of the largest, most significant schemes and complex circumstances through ongoing, proactive supervision.
The role requires a subject matter expert who will have their own casework to do but primarily will work through others to support TPR in:
- implementing clearer, quicker, tougher regulation of work-based pensions
- to protect pensions and support better outcomes for work place savers
- strengthening and extending our regulatory reach
- Deliver professional and effective supervisory outcomes in line with TPR’s objectives and values.
- Engage, influence and negotiate improved behaviours in schemes and other regulated entities in order to achieve mitigation of risk to TPR, the market and members.
- Support the Supervision function (in their schemes and others) to provide guidance and advice on risks in their field of expertise.
- Lead or support others in the interaction with and supervision of the largest, most significant schemes and complex circumstances through ongoing, proactive supervision.
- Experience of a senior role within pensions administration, in addition to general defined benefit and defined contribution pension industry knowledge.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of public service pension schemes rules and administration.
- An experienced and able coach who had undertaken quality assurance functions, or has a clear understanding of what is expecting in reviewing the outcomes of others.
- Creative, thoughtful and intelligent experience of managing and motivating others to deliver and adapt to change.
- A decision maker, resilient and assured you will be able to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders that support our regulatory objectives.
- Sufficient pensions or relevant commercial or regulatory experience to be credible with external stakeholders and develop our staff.
- Strong awareness of financial, commercial, political and social landscape.
- Can do approach.
- Negotiating skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Leadership skills.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £50,789, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.