TPR Grade: 6 - Principal
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Team Manger to be responsible for the undertaking and delivery of complex enforcement cases across all enforcement types, individually as well as through the team.
You will lead cross function teams on complex issues and support the delivery of work within the Enforcement business area.
- Provide operational line management and have performance management responsibility for your team, ensuring members of your team are suitably skilled to undertake case work in all areas including regulatory, civil and criminal.
- Oversee the operationalisation of strategy in the teams, with other Principals and support the development of operational plans to manage resourcing within the area including delivering regular management information (MI) reporting against targets.
- Actively conduct high profile and most complex cases.
- Obtain regulatory outcomes in line with regulatory strategy.
- Deliver regulatory case work in line with key performance indicators (KPIs) and the schedule of delegations.
Essential and desirable criteria
- In depth experience of leading, decision making and delivering regulatory outcomes on complex regulatory, civil and criminal cases.
- In depth experience of analysing complex financial information and identifying risks.
- In depth experience of using a broad range of tools to achieve a positive regulatory outcome in complex or high profile cases, including consideration of and use settlement and powers.
- Operational management experience, including people, plans and budgets.
- In depth experience and working knowledge of legal requirements relating to regulatory outcomes.
- Advocacy experience and skills (Desirable).
- Negotiating skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Leadership skills.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £50,789, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days' annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.