TPR Grade: 6 - Principal
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a team manager in regulation. You will be working in pension regulation leading a team of supervisors. Your role will be responsible for implementing clearer, quicker, tougher regulation of work-based pensions, working through others to protect pensions and support better outcomes for workplace savers and strengthening and extending our regulatory reach.
- To lead and be responsible for a team of Specialists, either within Relationships or Events.
- To take responsibility for the timely delivery of effective intervention and outcomes across all scheme types and to be responsible for the delivery of effective regulatory outcomes in the scheme population in question.
- To coach the team to ensure high standards of engagement.
- Portfolio management, ensuring effective timely and accurate management of complex and varied caseloads and achieve outcomes within the team.
- Identify themes and key risks within portfolio to feed back to Strategy, including leading external engagement on key issues or complex intervention where required.
- To ensure collaboration with all stakeholders across TPR and externally.
- Offer technical advice and guidance, as well as leading by example through demonstrating TPR competencies and values.
- You will be an experienced and able people manager or coach who has worked in regulation or pensions with sufficient experience and knowledge to participate in complex case and supervision situations.
- Creative, thoughtful and intelligent.
- You will be able to manage and motivate others to deliver and adapt to change.
- A decision maker, resilient and assured you will be able to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders that support our regulatory objectives.
- You will have sufficient pensions or relevant commercial or regulatory experience to be credible with external stakeholders and develop our staff.
- You should have a strong awareness of financial, commercial, political and social landscape.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Can do approach.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Leadership skills.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £50,789, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.