Job ref: 1599
TPR grade: 8 - Specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Procurement Business Partner to lead the procurement and contract management activities within assigned business areas, including the management of statutory and regulatory compliance, governance and provision of best practice advice.
- Acting as the procurement primary point of contact, partnering senior leaders within the assigned business areas – ensuring they are receiving effective strategic procurement support and proactive advise spanning the complete lifecycle in all business decisions and future commercial outlook.
- Applying category management and supply market information to develop new sustainable sourcing strategies that reflect business priorities and inform contract negotiation and management.
- Identify, develop and implement new, alternative and innovative solutions on line with business change.
- Design, implement and ensure full assurance in respect of contract management and risk assessment handovers to the business – including ownership of any dispute resolution requirements.
- Full responsibility for negotiating complex requests and analysing the market and identifying opportunities to achieve value for money.
- Professional membership / experience: MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) with extensive business awareness gained from significant experience of related work from either private or public sector.
- Procurement legislation: in-depth breadth of specialised knowledge of public procurement directives, principles and UK specific legislation.
- Proactive and flexible with a can do approach.
- Negotiating skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £45,359, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.