Job ref: 1678
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Procurement Business Partner to lead the procurement and contract management activities within assigned business areas, including the management of statutory and regulatory compliance, governance and provision of best practice advice.
- As IT Specialist Business Partner in TPR you will be responsible for the strategic management of the supply chain within the IT department. You will need to identify, develop and drive sourcing strategies for all services and commodities within the remit of the department. Your contract negotiation, stakeholder engagement and supplier management skills will be put to the test as you join the team during a period of major IT transformation.
- It is essential that you have extensive IT category procurement / outsourcing experience especially managing blue chip suppliers (ie IBM, Microsoft). You will apply this expertise to encourage informed and balanced commercial decisions, effectively liaising with suppliers and ensuring stakeholders' requirements are fully understood.
- Professional membership / experience: MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) with extensive business awareness gained from significant experience of related work from either private or public sector.
- Procurement legislation: in-depth breadth of specialised knowledge of public procurement directives, principles and UK specific legislation.
- Proactive and flexible with a can do approach.
- Negotiating skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.