Job ref: 1637
TPR grade: 7 -Lead Specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation
We’re looking for a Project and Programme Manager to lead the delivery of our future automatic enrolment target operating model.
- lead and direct the on-time delivery for a multi-disciplinary programme including the following work-streams: legislative change, technology, business design, procurement of new capabilities and exit management
- deliver the next iteration of the business case from the current design phase through to the build and implementation phase through all governance stages
- line manage a small Programme Support team
- deliver and maintain key project governance products during the life of the project, including project plans, risks, issues, key dependencies and resource forecasting, following internal standards and processes
- manage both internal and external stakeholder relationships to achieve commitment to delivery
Essential and desirable criteria
- A proven track record of successfully leading IT project teams to deliver large scale changes:
- duration 6 to 18 months
- budget £500,000 up to £1.5 million
- matrix project team size 10 to 50
- complexity – medium to high (from medium transactional projects up to large transformational projects)
- Line management experience.
- Highly skilled at stakeholder management and facilitation to be able to conclude discussions and develop robust solutions reaching a consensus where multiple stakeholders may have conflicting needs.
- Accredited in an industry-recognised project management methodology (eg Prince2, SAFe MSP, APM or equivalent) or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with suppliers and third parties to deliver project results.
- Experience of implementing target operating models.
- Familiarity with implementation of Dynamics 365.
- Leadership skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Can do approach.
- Negotiating skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £44,969, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.