Job ref: 1573
TPR grade: 9 - Lead Associate
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Project Manager to manage Medium projects (up to £500,000) or workstreams as part of larger programmes within TPR.
- Project manage medium projects (up to £500,000) or workstreams as part of larger programmes within The Pensions Regulator, ranging in scope and type over the full business change lifecycle from initiation and business case through to implementation.
- Deliver and maintain key project governance products during the life of the project, including project plans, risks, issues, key dependencies and resource forecasting, following internal standards and processes.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders at all levels to ensure buy in to the change.
- Manage change and operational readiness to ensure successful implementation into the business.
- Create and report project status, risks and issues to the project sponsor, project board and other governance bodies as appropriate.
Essential and desirable criteria
- A proven track record of successfully leading project teams to deliver multiple small to medium scale changes concurrently:
- Duration 2 to 12 months
- Budget up to £500k
- Matrix project team size 5 to 15
- Complexity - low to medium (from small contained / specialist projects up to medium transactional projects)
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently to stakeholders of all levels, both orally and in writing to influence thinking and indirectly manage the actions of others.
- Accredited in an industry recognised project management methodology (eg PRINCE2, SAFe SM, PMP, APM or equivalent) or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with external suppliers and third parties to deliver project results.
- Knowledge of different change management methodologies and frameworks (ie: Prosci / APMG Change management) to ensure change is accepted by end users.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £33,057, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.