Job ref: 1582
TPR grade: 8 - Specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Business Analyst to provide analytical support to business and IT projects for the full lifecycle. You will ensure that business, data and technical requirements are captured, analysed, translated and applied to projects to align with the strategic objectives of the organisation and to guide users in accepting change initiatives.
- Lead on the delivery of business process, requirements and data analysis and associated analysis products to identify operational efficiencies and enable the implementation of strategic, legislative and operational change.
- Apply recognised frameworks and standards and design an approach for analysis considering industry standards, alignment across projects and programmes within the organisation.
- Scope, prioritise and plan business analysis activities across the project identifying and defining outputs, dependencies, resource estimates, stakeholders, risks and timescales.
- Undertake analysis to inform strategic and operational decision making considering multiple perspectives (people, processes, technology), processes, systems, services and stakeholders; and the interaction between these acknowledging and resolving conflict, identifying risk and mitigation.
- Prepare and facilitate highly effective business engagement with all stakeholders to define and communicate business process change, rationale, drivers and efficiencies of a proposed change.
- Enabling constructive stakeholder management through strong relationship building and managing expectations.
- Strong background in the practical application of industry recognised (BABOK / BCS) business and technical analysis techniques acquired across a range of industry sectors and the implementation of high value software delivery projects and business change initiatives (£3 million-plus).
- Skilled in taking the lead on technical changes and enhancements to existing processes and systems, proven experience in reverse-engineering requirements and capabilities from undocumented legacy systems.
- Strong background in writing technical and functional specifications and explain in detail how a given technological solution would meet a given business requirement and effectively communicate this to Operations and higher management at a business level, and Developers at a technical level.
- Fluent in project delivery frameworks Waterfall and Agile (Scrum), business process and data modelling techniques (BPMN2 / UML), analysis of business and IT systems, data analysis and mapping techniques, and broad practical experience in applying these methodologies in a regulated and structured environment.
- Modelling technical requirements using wire frames for visual / UI based requirements and data requirements using data models such as logical data models, entity relationship diagram, context diagrams and data flow diagrams.
- Ability to analyse and understand configuration of third party / in-house software ensuring alignment with business requirements.
- Strong planning skills with a proactive view of dependencies; ability to self-manage commitments and deadlines, experience in organising and facilitating workshops with business and technology stakeholders and co-ordinating cross departments changes and bringing various stakeholders together to clarify requirements, working with Solutions and Data Architect to assess the feasibility of the proposed solutions.
- Ability to interface with developers, challenging and understanding technical designs to ensure they meet the business requirements, interface with Test teams to hand over the requirements for system integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Ability to review and understand technical documents from internal and third party suppliers.
- Business engagement across the organisation to contribute to, and analyse the impacts of requirements to, the organisational strategy and communicate outcomes, issues and risks to key decision makers and end users.
- Identification, analysis and management of external and internal stakeholders to ensure that proposed and agreed solutions meet their business needs, and build honest and effective relationships to manage conflict and influence decisions to align with TPR's strategic objectives.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £38,429, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.