Job ref: 1590
TPR grade: 8 - Specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We have recently undertaken a review of our Human Resources (HR) directorate and are looking for applicants passionate about delivering high quality HR to join our new team.
We have two vacancies for experienced HR Business Partners. The ideal candidates will be able to hit the ground running, providing operational HR business consultancy to assigned business areas, ensuring all people issues are identified promptly, managed, resolved and monitored to optimise organisational performance.
You will work closely with HR colleagues in the Operations and Organisational Design teams, create effective relationships with specific business areas, operating as a two-way point of contact for all HR matters, ensuring the HR services and products meet business requirements.
- Support your business areas with people issues, including workforce plans, succession plans and recruitment campaigns.
- Deliver pragmatic and effective HR advice and solutions, aligned to HR policy and procedures.
- Deliver training, mentoring and coaching to staff and managers on people issues.
- Provide support on HR and business projects where required.
- Work closely with the HR operations team to ensure accurate management of personnel records compliant with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Champion the organisation’s diversity and equal opportunities approach and practices.
- CIPD level 5 or equivalent.
- Experience of working as a generalist HR business partner in an organisation of 500 or more employees.
- Change management experience and knowledge of organisational design processes.
- Experience of managing a variety of stakeholders at all levels, through all areas of the employee lifecycle.
- Experience of writing comprehensive business cases and reports for internal and external approval.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
- Excellent customer service.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £38,429, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Wednesday 28 August.