TPR grade: 8 - specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for an Internal Communication Manager to lead TPR’s central Internal Communication (IC) function to design, develop and execute all aspects of the IC strategy. You will be responsible for informing, inspiring and engaging our 700-plus people in our corporate strategy, priorities and projects. You will work with senior leaders to enhance our internal reputation and support our people through change and transition. You will facilitate high levels of employee engagement and positive organisational and cultural change.
- Effectively set and control internal messaging across TPR while meeting the demands and priorities of different stakeholders.
- Effectively plan, prioritise and project manage multiple pieces of complex work across the team’s portfolio.
- Be a trusted adviser to senior stakeholders, providing strategic and proactive communications expertise and advice to the business.
- Motivate and lead the team to deliver effective, segmented and insight-driven campaigns.
- Engage with projects in our change portfolio and the central change team to design and execute communication strategies to support our people through change and drive desired culture and behavioural change.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Experience of leading an internal communications department and managing the delivery of communications strategies across a broad change portfolio, in a complex environment.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to work effectively at all levels of the organisation, including executive leadership on internal communications strategy and execution.
- Experience of working across multi-disciplinary teams within a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrable ability to research, analyse and communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Specialist professional qualification (eg post graduate diploma) in Internal Communications and Professional accreditation - accredited practitioner status (desirable).
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Calm under pressure.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Personable and a team player.
- Excellent customer service.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £37,201, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.