Job ref: 1680
TPR grade: 8 - Specialist
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We are looking for a Specialist who will ensure the timely, efficient and effective regulation of a portfolio of regulatory interventions by developing strategies to achieve demonstrable improvements in behaviour and reduction in identified risks.
You will be expected to work independently and as part of a team, to obtain the information necessary to make decisions – as necessary commissioning professional advice and having day to day contact with regulated entities and third parties. Where appropriate improvements are not achieved, working effectively with Enforcement to transfer responsibility for formal use of powers.
- Accurately and efficiently review and or respond to incoming events, carry out an initial assessment and produce accurate timely summaries.
- Build strong relationships with key business areas internally and externally.
- Ensure timely, efficient and effective regulation of occupational pension schemes by working independently and as part of a team to obtain necessary information and carry out assessments as appropriate.
- Engage with subject matter experts, professional advisers and lead specialists as necessary to ensure appropriate responses and record these.
- Carry out joint assessments with the Enforcement team should this be required.
- Influence and negotiate with trustees and other stakeholders to ensure they take appropriate actions to address identified risks.
- Contribute to continuous improvement, projects, guidance and training materials.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Proven track record of leading casework (or equivalent).
- Experience of working in a financial / banking / regulatory / legal / pensions environment.
- Knowledge of the commercial landscape and of the pension market and knowledge of the underlying financial arrangements common in the market.
- Evidence of communicating and reporting findings to stakeholders clearly and giving clear and robust recommendations for further action.
- Experience of working effectively alone and in a team.
- Verbal and written communication skills at all levels.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Negotiating skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £38,429, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.