Job ref: 1626
TPR grade: 9 - Team Leader
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We are looking for an experienced people manager to work within the case support team. The case support team leader will manage a team that provide support to the supervision and enforcement teams within the Frontline Regulation (FLR) directorate.
- Directly line manage up to 10 Case Support staff including; Senior Case Support, Case Support including Transactions, Interns and apprentices to support Supervision and Enforcement workstreams as well as FLR wide projects and initiatives.
- Ensure individuals are supported and developed in line with business requirements. Provide training, coaching and mentoring to support development of the Case Support Team according to their different work stream objectives.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators are achieved, across each of the different disciplines and perform Quality Assurance checks on this work.
- Be the first point of contact for escalation of issues, and responsible for deciding on the action or escalating as appropriate.
- Support on recruitment in case management including CV sifting, interviewing and completing relevant paperwork for HR.
- Support Business Continuity by drafting and maintaining a Business Continuity Plan, including a regular review of the plan and testing.
- Corporate Governance: support the Case Support Manager in the monitoring and tracking of compliance with internal controls (including adherence to the clear desk policy, gifts and hospitality etc).
- Deputise for the Case Support Manager by being the point of contact where required.
- Champion Continuous Improvement Initiatives including involvement with User Acceptance Testing and delivery.
- Supporting the Case Support Manager in identifying ways to improve our quality scores where set.
- Proven experience of leading, developing and motivating teams in a reactive environment.
- Evidence of line management experience to enable clear understanding of team responsibilities and requirements to support team as required.
- Ability to manage and motivate others to deliver and adapt to change.
- Proven experience of managing the performance of a team.
- Ability to tailor communication to differing personalities and communication styles.
- Proven ability to influence individuals, teams and stakeholders to drive performance.
- Experience of forecasting, planning, reporting and resourcing a team.
- Leadership skills.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £33,057, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.