Reporting to: Senior OD Adviser
Team: Frontline Services / Organisational Development
Contract: University placement - fixed-term for 12 months
Salary: £15,000 per annum
Closing date: 17 February 2019
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
Our successful internship programme offers rewarding opportunities across key business areas. Whichever role you choose, your time at TPR help you stand out in a tough graduate employment market. You will have the chance to put your academic experience into practice and develop your skills, which will be invaluable for your return to university and the career you choose.
We’re looking for an Undergraduate to join us in Human Resources (HR) undertaking a professional placement and provide support with generalist HR, as well as supporting project activities as required. Deliver excellent customer service, whilst dealing with high volumes in a fast paced environment.
- Work with the HR Assistant to provide effective, timely accurate administrative support for HR queries.
- Provide excellent administrative support and customer service including:
- recruitment coordination
- point of contact for all routine HR-related queries for employees, and external callers
- ensure timely progression of routine HR processes
- administer HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment
- ensure the HR database is up to date and accurate
- liaise with external partners, such as recruitment agencies, contract partners and visitors to the building
- set up HR meetings, ensuring appropriate and accurate paperwork is provided
- Identify gaps or inefficiencies in HR documentation and processes, escalating appropriately.
- Ensure all HR hard copy and electronic personnel data is kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information.
- Provide cover and support for the HR Assistant.
Essential and desirable criteria
- A student in penultimate year of study, or undertaking a degree requiring a year-long placement.
- Currently studying at HE level in HR management or similar foundation of knowledge in HR.
- Excellent administrative support and customer service including:
- excellent verbal communication skills
- passionate about providing an outstanding HR service, to support the needs of the business
- able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately, professionally and in a discreet manner
- able to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines
- solid and demonstrable administration skills with excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of Data Protection Act / Freedom of Information principles.
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office IT software applications.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Negotiating skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player
- Excellent customer service.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £15,000, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.