The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
Our successful internship programme offers rewarding opportunities across key business areas. Whichever role you choose, your time at TPR help you stand out in a tough graduate employment market. You will have the chance to put your academic experience into practice and develop your skills, which will be invaluable for your return to university and the career you choose.
We’re looking for an Undergraduate to join us as for a professional placement as a Case Officer Intern to deliver effective enquiry management in line with TPR objectives and values.
- Provide effective end to end management of a portfolio of ‘fast flow’ regulatory enquiries.
- Carry out processes in line with documented procedures.
- Identify risk in line with current policies, procedures and statutory guidelines, with prompt escalation of risks.
- Effectively prioritise your workload.
- Undertake an administration / Super User role in working applications (NOVA, MSCRM, TEDD, TRISH).
- Provide ad-hoc support to other areas of TPR as required.
Essential and desirable criteria
- A student in penultimate year of study, or undertaking a degree requiring a year-long placement.
- Customer-focused approach.
- Basic level of general pensions knowledge and technical pension knowledge in key areas for the team, e.g defined benefit scheme funding and trustee appointments is desirable.
- Data Protection Act / Freedom of Information general principles.
- Standard Microsoft Office IT software applications.
- Other IT software such as Adobe Pro, NOVA, MSCRM, TEDD.
- Can do approach.
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £15,000, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.