Team: Regulatory Transactions
Contract type: University Placement - Fixed Term for 12 months
Salary: £15000 per annum subject to review in line with future increases to the National Living Wage and National Minimum Wage
Closing date: Friday 31 January 2020
TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
Our successful internship programme offers rewarding opportunities across key business areas. Whichever role you choose, your time at TPR help you stand out in a tough graduate employment market. You will have the chance to put your academic experience into practice and develop your skills, which will be invaluable for your return to university and the career you choose.
We’re looking for an undergraduate to undertake a professional placement as an MI Analyst Intern to support the MI & Analysis team on delivering the teams accountabilities.
- extract, manipulate and analyse large data sets using SQL to provide actionable insight to managers and decision makers in Frontline Regulation
- support analysts in measurement of our corporate key performance indicators and other internal performance measures
- analyse historic data and trends to inform forecasting and planning
- find opportunities to use your analytical skills and techniques to add value to business problems
- work with the support of experienced analysts to answer Freedom of Information requests and supply information on core regulatory activities.
- be a contributing and proactive member of the Frontline Regulation directorate and the TPR analyst community
- a student in penultimate year of study, or undertaking a degree requiring a year-long placement
- ability to analyse complex information
- ability to apply skills to unseen business problems and work with new tools
- ability to deliver and explain complex information clearly in words, tables, graphs, visualisations and as concepts
- good grasp of statistical concepts as they are used to summarise data (mean, median, mode, standard deviation, and variance)
- some understanding of SQL/SPSS/SAS desirable but not essential
- proactive and flexible
- can do approach
- attention to detail and accuracy
- personable and a team player
- excellent customer service
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £15,000, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.