The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
Our successful internship programme offers rewarding opportunities across key business areas. Whichever role you choose, your time at TPR help you stand out in a tough graduate employment market. You will have the chance to put your academic experience into practice and develop your skills, which will be invaluable for your return to university and the career you choose.
We’re looking for an Undergraduate preferably with a mathematical / financial / economic background to undertake a professional placement as a Modelling Analyst Intern. You will support the modelling within the actuarial team on a range of projects to facilitate strategy and policy making for the regulation of defined benefit (DB) occupational pension schemes in the UK.
- Investigating information, refreshing and building models on a range of projects under guidance and mentoring.
- Working with a range of teams and other disciplines within TPR to produce coherent modelling to support policy and case interventions.
- Supporting the production of statistics and other analysis.
- Ensuring (under supervision) core models are kept up to date and documented.
- Contributing to and / or taking responsibility for business-as-usual modelling work.
- Producing clean and accurate sets of pensions, economic and other data.
- Preparing responses to information requests.
- Providing other team support as necessary, including meeting management.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders within TPR.
Essential and desirable criteria
- A student in penultimate year of study, or undertaking a degree requiring a year-long placement.
- Mathematical / financial / economic background preferable but not essential.
- Ability to analyse complex information in a new domain.
- Ability to deliver and explain complex information clearly in words, tables and graphs.
- Experience of evaluating information for integrity, reliability and accuracy.
- Good command of Microsoft Office, including organising and charting data in Excel.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Can do approach.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and a team player.
- Excellent customer service.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £15,000, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.