Team: IT Development Team
Contract type: University Placement - Fixed Term for 12 months
Salary: £15000 per annum subject to review in line with future increases to the National Living Wage and National Minimum Wage
Closing date: Friday 31 January 2020
TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
Our successful internship programme offers rewarding opportunities across key business areas. Whichever role you choose, your time at TPR help you stand out in a tough graduate employment market. You will have the chance to put your academic experience into practice and develop your skills, which will be invaluable for your return to university and the career you choose.
We are looking for an undergraduate to undertake a professional placement as a Software Developer Intern to support the IT Development team to deliver software solutions to the business.
The candidate will gain experience in developing .Net web applications and database systems. There will also be options to gain experience in Microsoft Dynamics, SharePoint or Azure.
- be responsible for analysing, implementing and testing application/database functionality as directed by the Lead Developers
- develop and maintain web applications, web services and Windows services
- develop and maintain Database systems
- investigate, diagnose and solve problems affecting production systems
- contribute to team improvement, by reviewing code, improving processes etc.
- a student in penultimate year of study, or undertaking a degree requiring a year-long placement
- good understanding of object oriented design and experience of an object oriented programming language (i.e. C#, Java)
- good understanding of data structures and design patterns
- some knowledge of relational databases and a working knowledge of SQL
- some understanding of how to build a web page with some experience of HTML, CSS
- proactive and flexible
- can do approach
- attention to detail and accuracy
- personable and a team player
- excellent customer service
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £15,000, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BME) and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to email@example.com.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.