Skip to main content

Your browser is out of date, and unable to use many of the features of this website

Please upgrade your browser.


This website requires cookies. Your browser currently has cookies disabled.

Help with concerns about your workplace pension

You can find information and advice relating to various concerns with your workplace pension scheme on this page.

There are a number of organisations who may be able to help you, depending on the nature of your concern. Please refer to the resources below to help direct your query to the appropriate place.

Scams and early pension release

If you think you may have been targeted by a pension scam (also known as 'early pension release', 'pension unlocking', 'pension loans' or 'pension liberation fraud') then contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.

For more information see protect yourself against pension scams (PDF, 122kb, 2 pages).

Missing payments to your pension

If your employer hasn’t made the contribution payment to your workplace pension scheme that they are required to make, or they haven’t passed the contribution deducted from your salary to your workplace pension scheme, you can report this to us using our dedicated online form.

Automatic enrolment

The law requires all employers to automatically enrol certain staff into a pension scheme and pay contributions. Employers also have to deduct staff pension contributions from salary payments.    

If you have been automatically enrolled and you want to opt out then speak to the pension scheme or your employer who should provide you with an opt out notice.

If you are concerned that you might not be able to afford your new pension contributions go to the Money Advice Service website.

Employer not complying with pension duties

If you believe that your employer has failed to comply with their duties, you can report your concern to us using our dedicated online form.

It is against the law for employers to attempt to make you opt out of being automatically enrolled into a pension scheme or indicate during recruitment that if you do not opt out of the automatic enrolment pension it will affect whether or not you are recruited.

If you require further information or advice in relation to your automatic enrolment rights then go to the Pensions Advisory Service website.

Query or dispute about your pension

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) provides free and independent guidance on pensions. They can help you if you have a pension query.

The Pensions Ombudsman provides free and impartial advice to settle complaints and disputes. They can help you if you if you have a dispute with your pension scheme.

Mis-sold a pension

If you believe you have been mis-sold a pension you can make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Fraud or dishonesty at your pension

If you suspect dishonesty or possible fraud in your workplace pension scheme or have significant concerns about how it is being run, you can report them to us using our dedicated online form.

State Pension query

For information on State Pensions see the basic State Pension guide on GOV.UK

Report your concern to us

If you are concerned that:

  • payment hasn’t been made to your workplace pension scheme, or
  • your employer isn’t complying with their pension duties, or
  • you are concerned about how your scheme is being run

You can contact us and report the details using our dedicated online forms.