Skip to main content
enIn this

Step 2 Choose a pension scheme (or check your existing one)

You should do this before your staging date

You’ll need to have a pension scheme that is set up for automatic enrolment. You and your personal care assistant will pay money into this scheme to help them save for their retirement.

Unless you want to use an existing pension scheme for automatic enrolment, you’ll need to get a new one.

Need a pension?

If you need to put your personal care assistant into a pension scheme The National Employment Savings Trust (NEST) is a pension scheme provider that has been set up by the government for employers like you. It must accept any employer that wishes to join.

There are other pension schemes available. More information on other schemes and how to choose one can be found in our choosing a pension scheme section.

What's next?

Now that you've chosen a pension scheme, you must put your personal care assistant into it. The next step will help you to do this.

Your staging date